Friday, July 6, 2012
2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
Posted by Meg at 1:58 PM
1 lb. First Choice mushrooms
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. club soda
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
Cooking oil for deep frying
Wash mushrooms and dry thoroughly on towel. Small mushrooms may be left whole; large ones should be cut into 1/4 inch slices. Stir flour, club soda and garlic salt together until smooth. Dip mushrooms in batter and fry in 400 degree oil for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Oil should be deep enough for mushrooms to float freely. Drain on paper towels.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing the grill pan
- 4 to 6 portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce (store bought or homemade)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
Drizzle 3 tablespoons of olive oil over both sides of the mushrooms. Sprinkle the mushrooms with salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil on the grill to prevent the mushrooms from sticking. Grill until the mushrooms are heated through and tender, about 5 minutes per side.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Spread 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Place the grilled mushrooms on top of the marinara sauce and top with the remaining marinara sauce. Sprinkle with the cheeses and top with the butter pieces. Bake until the cheese melts and the top is golden, about 15 minutes. Serve.
- 1Melt butter in large skillet.
- 2Add onion and cook just till tender.
- 3Add yellow squash and continue cooking over medium heat, stirring until squash begins to soften.
- 4Cover and continue cooking over low heat until nice and tender (usually about 20-25 minutes).
- 5I add lots of salt and pepper.
Posted by Meg at 12:58 AM
Green Apple Sliced
A pinch of cinnamon
Take the apple slice and set on wheat bread, spread peanut butter on the top slice of bread. Add a pinch of cinnamon. Enjoy!